What is Hog’s Breath Cafe?
Hog’s Breath Cafe is a chain of franchised casual dining restaurants. We offer a diverse menu that is centered around our signature dish “Hog’s Breath Prime Rib” which is quite simply,
The Best a Steak Can Get!
However, we are much more than a steakhouse with excellent food!
Our company is like no other in the restaurant business. We are unique with a very distinctive culture and philosophy of life. Our business owners possess a strong bond with the franchise system and an enviable fellowship. This sporty fun orientated characteristic of our system is reflected in the restaurants they run. We are definitely a lifestyle driven company.
We are in fact a “WAY OF LIFE”. We have a fun upbeat ambiance that you just can't help but enjoy. It is a product of the owner’s attitude on life, the friendly staff, the 70’s and 80’s music, the rustic collection of memorabilia, and the contagious party atmosphere of people enjoying themselves. Customers visit and experience our world every time they step into one of our cafes. We have a love of life, we are fun and we have attitude.
It is more than a place to eat - it is an experience!
As we expand throughout Australia and beyond more and more customers are seeking out our “way of life”. We would like to think we are a legend in the making within the restaurant business.
We are Food with Attitude!
How can I become a Franchisee?There are two ways to join the Hog's Breath system:
1. Purchase an existing store
Contact our National Development Manager, Peter Josefski on +61417 616 879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of stores that may currently be on the market.
2. Open a new store
Once a viable market is targeted, the successful applicant will receive assistance in all areas of establishing their own store. This assistance includes rent negotiations, design layouts, construction, fit-out and training. All new franchisees must satisfactorily complete the nine week training program within the system prior to the opening of the new store.
Contact Peter Josefski on mobile +61417 616 879 or email email@example.com
For international queries for Hog's Breath Cafe contact Don Algie on mobile +61 419 304 505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the Location Requirements?
The ideal premises would incorporate 350 square metres minimum with the following requirements:
- Adequate floor space to seat 150 patrons.
- Minimum kitchen space of 30 square metres with forced ventilation.
- Minimum 30 square metres for office space, dry stores and cool room.
- Adequate toilet facilities as set down by the authorities.
- Lease for a period of 5 years with two 5 year renewable options.
How is a Franchise Granted?
Once you have completely reviewed this franchise information section of our web site and feel you can meet the initial criteria listed in this franchise information section, the process to join the Hog's Breath family typically happens in the following order:
- A letter is sent to Hog's Breath Cafe (Australia) support office in Cleveland, Brisbane to register your interest complete with specific background information.
- A telephone conversation is held with our National Development Manager, Peter Josefski +61417 616 879.
- Mail out of a Hog's Breath Cafe franchise application form.
- Once this is returned and is satisfactory, an in depth information package is forwarded to you.
- Completed application form is received by Hog's Breath Cafe (Australia) along with a list of proposed sites.
- You and your partner/associate travel to Hog's Breath support office in Cleveland, Brisbane for a series of meetings with the support office team to establish a relationship of the parties.
- Signing of confidentiality agreement and lodgment of deposit.
- Site selection is completed.
- Interior and exterior designs are finalized and approved.
- Construction begins.
- Somewhere in this process is the 3-month training program at Hog University.
- Construction is completed and actual in-store training begins with new staff.
- Grand opening.
- Pass go, collect $200 and begin operating what could be the most successful restaurant in town!!!!
- Some of the above steps may and do happen concurrently.
- All proposed sites would have to be inspected and approved by the company.
- Applicants are advised to inspect current locations and speak to these franchisees before committing themselves to a franchise.
- The applicant must be of good character and must be able to successfully apply for a liquor license.
- Franchisees are expected to be actively engaged in the day to day operation of their restaurant. Absentee ownership is neither encouraged nor permitted.
What are the Fees and Terms?
Once the applicant is approved and has accepted and agrees to the terms of the franchise agreement, the applicant then has the rights to the contents of the franchise agreement.
Specific areas of note are (as of this date)
Franchise Fee is $55,000 (incl GST) which is paid as follows:
- $11,000 on the signing of the confidentiality agreement.
- $44,000 on the signing of the franchise agreement.
- Franchise terms are for a period of 10 years, with a renewal for another 10 years unless the building lease is for a period of less time in which the renewal term is equal to the term of the lease.
- An exclusive territory or geographical location will be agreed to.
- Monthly royalty of 5% of gross food and beverage sales.
- Monthly Co-Operative advertising royalty of 2% of gross food and beverage sales.
What are the Establishment Costs?
The cost to establish a Hog's Breath Cafe restaurant for trading is estimated between $650,000 and $950,000 (excluding GST) depending on the site. A detailed breakdown of these costs is included in the confidential information supplied at a later date.
The franchisee is solely responsible for their own financing including the cost of construction, improvements, equipment and fixtures.
It is a requirement that the applicant provide a minimum of 40% of the establishment costs in unencumbered capital (cash). The company has established a competitive rate of financing and lease financing for franchise operators, however, there is no requirement to use this source of income.
Assuming establishment costs of $800,000, a financing package may be as follows:
- $320,000 - Cash
- $480,000 - Borrowed funds
TOTAL = $800,000 (Excluding GST)
Remember these costs are estimates only and no reliance should be made on these numbers. The cost of premises, the cost to bring the premises to bare walls and finished floors, with plumbing and electrics in place, or the cost of the equipment will vary significantly from location to location.
For international queries for Hog's Breath Cafe contact Don Algie on mobile +61419 304 505 or email email@example.com